Friday, November 15, 2013

Thank Someone!

This is a picture of me and my friends Cait and Nate. They work at the Ambler YMCA. I recently presented them with an Impact pin for all of their hard work making kids like me feel normal at the Y's Ability Teen Night. I wanted to thank them for the good things they do, and how they really care about people. When is the last time you thanked someone who makes a difference in the lives of others? I'm not talking about an email or a text, but rather a "look them in the eye and shake their hand" thank you, or, an old fashioned hand-written note. You still know how to write a note on paper with a pen, don't you? Your homework assignment for this weekend is to personally thank a friend, loved one or even a stranger who does something good in the world. Trust me, they will feel great and you will feel even better. Please share this post with your network so my blog starts to get more readers.....for that I THANK YOU !!

2 comments:

  1. Another great post Sammy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sammy,
    You don't know me but I know your Aunt Dina. I am her neighbor. She introduced me to you in a recent E-mail. I am happy to meet you (virtually, I mean), It seems you are quite an inspiration to a lot of people. There is a saying, "Out of the mouths of babes" I don''t know if you know what the means but what I think It means is that children have a lot of important things to say and grown up should listen more.
    Just by being here you have a message for the world. You are a special little person and have a lot to teach us. Your parents must be very proud of you. Keep on sharing what's in your heart and mind. There are lots of us listening..................This Thanksgiving I will give thanks that you are here.
    God bless,
    Linda Wren

    ReplyDelete