Friday, November 1, 2013

Gump


Since my Soapbox comes out on Fridays, and since Friday nights are usually movie nights at lots of houses, I figured I’d recommend that you watch or re-watch one of the best movies ever…Forrest Gump. It is a movie that everyone can learn from even though it’s over-the-top and maudlin (my dad told me to use that word to sound smarter, but I really don’t think he even knows what it means). Important things like Hope, Courage, Patience, Love and Compassion are all themes that make Forrest and those around him special. I sometimes feel like Forrest, I’ve got a Momma who never doubted me and makes me succeed in everything despite the odds, I am damn good at anything I try, I make complete strangers smile and scratch their heads in awe, and everywhere I go I AM running. There are a lot of people like Forrest and me out there and that’s what makes the world awesome and unique because we totally understand the main message of the movie that you can be very happy when you experience and accept the challenges of life no matter how difficult. Now go watch Forrest this weekend and don’t cry too much like my sappy dad does when he watches it.

No comments:

Post a Comment