Friday, November 1, 2013

Fear

This was the first Halloween in my life that my crazy little brain decided to really learn what fear was. I sort of knew, but not like this. I had trouble walking through dad’s zombie graveyard every morning and I could only trick or treat for a little bit before I wanted to come home. I even had to sleep with mom one night. But I’m not embarrassed because upon learning what fear really is, I also learned what bravery and courage really are. I also realized that I know so many brave and courageous people who face some pretty frightening things on a daily basis and you wouldn’t even know it from the way they live their lives....as if whatever is they fear doesn’t even exist. So next time you are afraid, take the opportunity to be a brave person. I’ll end with a quote from Game of Thrones, my Big Bro Stevo’s favorite show because Stevo is the bravest person I know…

“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'

'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment