Friday, November 1, 2013

Don’t Make Fun of the Little Bus.


When I get on my little bus everyday, I am very proud of myself and my bus mates for even being on this bus given that we are “special”, and are on our way to meeting such lofty goals as spelling our own name or counting to 10.  The bus driver and aids are also special, spending their time keeping us safe and making us laugh. I make them laugh more, but that’s because I’m a riot. For all of the pride and hope on this bus, I still don’t understand why people make jokes about the little bus. Maybe they don’t know that there are real people on the bus, on our way to or on our way home from accomplishments that they take for granted but we see as extreme achievements. Maybe they don’t know that moms and dads beam with tears of pride every time we get on and off the little bus. Maybe they don’t know that some of us may not be around long enough to enjoy the little bus ride because of our conditions. Or maybe they are just fartheads (I’m not allowed to curse like dad or big bro).  What they do need to know is that we are only different like everyone is different and that little buses are special... Take a ride on one some day, and you’ll know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. Sammy I really love reading your posts, and I am very proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete