Friday, April 18, 2014

More Frogs less Richards

I've seen a few Facebook postings about Disney Princes this week. Plus, my Big Bro did a Prince-like Promposal this week as well. Who knew he had it in him. His date is pretty, smart and athletic... and a big Disney fan. Seems like lots of girls want a prince like those in the Disney movies. Who wouldn't? They're virtuous, handsome, respectful, smart, brave....you get the picture. I still think of Big Bro as more of a frog than a prince, but I know he's really a prince and will always treat girls and women with respect. Most princes in high school are still frogs who will have their metamorphosis when they get older. Not too many girls like them now, but will later on in life. On the flip side, I also notice lots of boys who we'll call Richards. I think there's an abbreviated name for Richard, but hey, I'm 10. Anyways, I see lots of these Richards who are supposedly the cool kids being rude to girls and being rude in general. There are lots of these Richards roaming the halls of high schools everywhere. You can usually spot them wearing their slides and black socks, while plenty of frog/princes move about in semi-obscurity usually drawing a blind eye from the girls...for now. I'm glad there are parents raising the invisible Princes out there, because I know they will grow to be good men who treat people respectfully, especially women. So from one little 10 year old frog to all the frogs out there, keep your heads up, it's only a matter of time. And to all the Richards, pull your pants up, put on some real shoes, and stay away from my sister!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment